- Position Summary
This position must have a High School Diploma or equivalent and requires a driver's license. Travels daily to real estate properties in York County to perform advalorum appraisal by measuring, sketching and list property's characteristics. Must obtain and maintain Certified Pennsylvania Evaluator's License. They must appear, defend assessed values before the Board of Assessment Appeals, understand, and apply Pennsylvania State law regarding Assessment.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides excellent customer service
- Use of a reliable vehicle
- Must be able to read road, and parcel maps
- Comprehend Deeds, Condominium Declarations, Subdivision Plans, and Building Permits.
- Obtain and maintain Certified Pennsylvania Evaluators License
- Inventory all taxable property including quantity, quality, and characteristics with special attention of 'value' items
- Ability to measure, sketch, and list properties being assessed
- Calculate the assessed value of agricultural and residential real property in York County
- Knowledge of Cost and Market value trends in York County
- Validate sales monthly to provide a clean sales file.
- Appear and defend assessed values before the Board of Assessment Appeals
- Understand and apply Pennsylvania State laws regarding Assessments
- Possess speaking and presentation abilities
- Knowledge of Assessment and Microsoft applications