In November 2016, the General Assembly's Local Government Commission created an Assessment Reform Task Force, chaired by former CCAP member Sen. John Eichelberger, to review and implement the recommendations made by several legislative reports over the past decade. CCAP and its affiliate, the Assessors Association of Pennsylvania (AAP), have been actively involved in the Task Force efforts to address the efficiency, transparency, modernization and fairness of the property assessment process. This page includes tools, best practices and legislation developed by the Task Force.
Additional details can also be found on the Task Force web page at http://www.lgc.state.pa.us/arTaskForce.cfm.
- Act 155 of 2018 - Clarifies and updates the County Consolidated Assessment Law related to assessment appeals.
- Act 87 of 2020 - Adds two Certified Pennsylvania Evaluators to the State Board of Real Estate Appraisers.
- Act 88 of 2020 - Clarifies that revaluation company personnel contracted by counties to complete a countywide reassessment must be certified as CPEs.
- Act 41 of 2022- Amends Title 53 of the Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes, improving proper and timely submission of building permits to county assessment offices
Legislative Reports and Recommendations
- Pennsylvania's System for Property Valuation and Reassessment
Legislative Budget and Finance Committee (July 2010)
- Final Report on Property Valuation and Reassessment
House Resolution 343 Task Force (April 2012)
- Final Report on Property Valuation and Reassessment and STEB
House Resolution 344 Task Force (April 2012)