Seasonal Mosquito Control Field Technician
Job Title:Seasonal Mosquito Control Field Technician
County Name:York County
**PLEASE NOTE, ANYONE INTERESTED IN APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION MUST VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT WWW.YORKCOUNTYPA.GOV TO DO SO**
- Position Summary
- Seasonal Full Time Position (April through September)
- Responsible for implementing mosquito surveillance control and Integrated Mosquito Management (IMM) throughout York County. Key duties include fieldwork (mosquito trapping), data collection and data entry, mosquito control activities, and coordination with neighboring counties and Pennsylvania (PA) Department of Environmental Protection staff.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Collect and submit mosquito samples for virus isolation.
- Provide all required program notifications to the public prior to the application of insect eradication agents.
- Conduct comprehensive field studies and monitoring on the abundance, distribution, and life stage of mosquitoes as relates to effective treatment in York County.
- Develop and conduct an effective mosquito larviciding program that specifically targets known vectors of West Nile Virus, while maintaining accurate records according to the PA Department of Agriculture regulations.
- Conduct pre- and post-treatment monitoring of mosquito treatment locations and map mosquito production.
- Attend all meetings provided by the PA Department of Environmental Protection. Additional training opportunities may be scheduled and the employee should attend these sessions as directed by supervisor.
- Positive interaction with the constituents of York County is essential. Applicant must possess the ability to communicate effectively the goals and efforts of the program
- Essential Requirements
- High school degree or equivalent experience required. Bachelor's Degree is preferred in any of the following areas: Entomology, Environmental Resource Management, Biology or a closely related field.
- Currently possess or be able to acquire a PA Department of Agriculture Pesticide Applicator's License and Valid Pennsylvania drivers license
Posting Date:Wednesday, February 23, 2022
Expiration Date:Sunday, March 20, 2022
Contact Name:York County PA
Contact Link:York County PA