Seasonal Bilingual Mosquito Control Technician
- Position Summary
This is a Seasonal full-time position from April - September.
Perform mosquito surveillance and control, and community education and outreach programs in the City of York. Coordinate all bilingual activities and support a variety of cleanup efforts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform City-wide mosquito surveillance and larval control.
- Provide community education and outreach to english and latino speaking populations.
- Coordinate efforts with City agencies including the Health Bureau, Zoning & Code Enforcement, Public Works and other organizations such as Keep York Beautiful.
- Must posess a valid driver's license.
- Must be able to obtain and PA Pesticide Applicator License.
- Must be able to work occasionally evenings and weekends.
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
- Other reasonable duties as assigned by administrator.
- Essential Requirements
- High school degree /GED or equivalent experience required. Bachelor's Degree is preferred in any of the following areas: Entomology, Environmental Resource Management, Biology or a closely related field.
- Currently possess or be able to acquire a PA Department of Agriculture Pesticide Applicator's License and valid Pennsylvania drivers license.
- Positive interaction with the constituents of York County. Applicant must possess the ability to communicate effectively the goals and efforts of the program.