- Position Summary
Responsible for providing all aspects of internal and external mail processing for the Domestic Relations Section which includes both scanning and indexing to individuals throughout the office on a daily basis. In addition, provides limited clerical support to the functional areas of the office while providing exceptional customer service to the public, other County/Court department, attorneys, employers and co-workers.
All duties are done in compliance with State law and rule and meet the requirements of PACSES (Pennsylvania Child Support Enforcement System) and Domestic Relations procedures as well as local Court policies and procedures. This is a bargaining unit position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Retrieve, open/sort all incoming Domestic Relations mail, received via the Post Office, by fax, drop-off, delivery services or inter-office within the County. Prepare mail batches for individual DRS workers on a daily basis to than scan on to our PACSES Imaging system. Index all scanned batches performed by the mail clerk to process and forward to the correct staff within the Domestic Relations Office through the PACSES Imaging system on a daily basis.
- Responsible for scanning/indexing documents collected from clients during conferences and appointments conducted by Enforcement/Conference Officers.
- Monitor/retrieve faxes at the fax machine throughout the day on daily basis, monitor/retrieve mail from the mail bin throughout the day at the receptionist area.
- Use of all PACSES functionality to assist in routing incoming mail and cases.
- Prepare and mail, via certified mail, all appropriate Court Orders for appearance at support proceedings using our Send Suite system.
- Access Kidstar on a daily basis to review/print any mail that may have been sent to PASCDU in error.
- Access Send Suite system every weekly to review/print certified signatures that have been returned by the US Post office.
- Prepare all outgoing Domestic Relations mail delivering the mail to the mail room for time specified pick up.
- Responsible for monitoring IVR messages through our PACSES Imaging system, reviewing messages and distributing them as tasks to appropriate workers
- Monitor Dead cases , is expected to purge, box and list dead cases in our office that will be shipped out of our office for Microfilm
- Enter Dead case information into Litespeed system after they have been Microfilmed
- Monitor US Postal rate changes that could affect the timely mailing and receipt of DRS correspondence.
- Responsible for providing exceptional customer service to both internal and external clientele.
- Attend periodic trainings about PACSES, the support system or other relevant topics to enhance work performance.
- Complete monthly file maintenance assignments.
- Demonstrate proficiency with general, duty-specific and duty-related portions of the PACSES system.
- Carry out required Case File Maintenance System tasks to ensure ease of file location for all office workers.
- Maintain and submit required monthly statistical reports on work activity.
- Comply with all computer and office security and safety procedures and confidentiality requirements.
- Other reasonable duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Must possess a command of the English language both written and verbal.
- Ability to set up and type correspondence and forms using a personal computer word processing program and/or typewriter as necessary.
- Whether in person or by telephone, required to interact with the public, other departments, offices and co-workers in a congenial, efficient and responsible manner.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills.
- Must be able to perform elementary mathematical calculations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, etc. either manually or using a calculator.
- Familiarity with the operation of office equipment such as, but not limited to: computer, fax machine, copier.
- Must have the ability to think through, reason and utilize common sense in every situation.
- Ability to readily adapt to change.
- Must pass a Criminal Background Investigation.
- Must pass a Drug Test.