Fiscal/Locate Unit Worker
- Position Summary
Responsible for providing clerical support to the Enforcement Officer on assigned caseload, utilizing specialized resources and tools to provide locate services for individuals charged with a duty of support, initiating and responding to inquiries with clients, attorneys, employers and outside agencies. In addition, this position is responsible for the collection and processing of support monies paid 'in person' in Domestic Relations and all the fiscal checks and balances that accompany the administration of those fiscal duties. Responsible for providing exceptional customer service to the public, other County/Court department, attorneys, employers and co-workers.
All duties are done in compliance with State law and rule and meet the requirements of PACSES (Pennsylvania Child Support Enforcement System) and Domestic Relations procedures as well as local Court policies and procedures. This is a bargaining unit position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Review and work all incoming locate alerts received via PACSES on a daily basis for the entire caseload (67T82)
- Review and work all worker initiated alerts received on PACSES for assigned caseload.
- Review daily case referrals from assigned Enforcement Officer and determine appropriate course of action.
- Utilize all appropriate resources with the goal of successful location of an individual or their assets.
- File all paperwork appropriately in the case record.
- Monitor a pending calendar for scheduled responses or actions.
- Meet with assigned Enforcement Officer on a regular basis to discuss progress or to determine the next appropriate step on an individual or case.
- Handle over-the-counter, 'in person', support payments according to established procedures.
- Properly identify Payor on incoming checks for forwarding to PA SCDU and mail per established procedures.
- Process all incoming financial memos as received from co-workers or Court.
- Prepare and coordinate local bank deposits on a daily basis, per established procedures.
- Make appropriate contacts with representatives of PA SCDU and PACSES when inquiries or problems require such action.
- Perform back-up duties of mail unit worker as needed.
- Have general knowledge of applicable Statute, Rules and Regulations that govern the operation of the office.
- Demonstrate proficiency with general, duty-specific and duty-related portions of the PACSES system.
- Carry out required Case File Maintenance System tasks to ensure ease of file location for all office workers.
- Comply with all computer and office security and safety procedures and confidentiality
- Attend overview and topic specific training at PACSETI ( PA Child Support Enforcement Training Institute) or other relevant trainings as required to enhance work performance.
- Other reasonable duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Must possess effective communication skills, both verbal and written, which includes the ability to interact in a congenial and responsible manner and type, spell and punctuate accurately.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills.
- Must be able to perform mathematical calculations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, etc. either manually or using a calculator.
- Familiarity with the operation of office equipment such as, but not limited to: computer, fax machine, copier.
- Ability to learn general principles and procedures of duties then extend those guidelines to cover a variety of situations.
- Must adhere to the policies and procedures of the Court and/or County.
- Ability to readily adapt to change.
- Must pass a Criminal Background Investigation.
- Must pass a Drug Test.