Executive Director Human Services
Job Title:Executive Director Human Services
County Name:York County
POSITION SUMMARYThis position is a Divisional Level Director and shall have the authority to receive and allocate those County Human Services funds, which have been assigned by County Commissioners, consistent with Federal, State and Local mandates, and shall supervise the overall operation of the County Human Services System.
- Masters degree in a Human Service related field preferred or ten (10) or more years in Human Service delivery with advanced administrative level experience or an equivalent combination of experience and training in Human Services.
- Five (5) years of management experience at manager level or above
- Demonstrable leadership abilities.
- Demonstrate a high level of communication skills; to include verbal and written skills and data processing knowledge.
- Demonstrate the ability to coordinate and implement both tactical and strategic plans.
- Demonstrate the ability to evaluate program effectiveness and communicate results to Commissioners, Courts, Advisory Councils and Public.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as major policy advisor to the Board of Commissioners to facilitate decision-making in the area of Human Services.
- Advise County Commissioners of Human Service program requirements and alternative funding sources based on grant application guidelines, government regulations and legislation.
- Provides direct oversight of Human Services Department staff and Human Service Division Directors.
- Recommend program modifications to the County Commissioners in client service delivery, organizational structure, administration and fiscal matters to ensure provision of mandated services and avoid cost duplication.
- Develop and implement the Block Grant plan and coordinates efforts to integrate data collection and client services planning.
- Provide Commissioners with monthly reports, as requested.
- Secure and coordinates Federal, State and grant funding based upon joint planning by the agencies and the Commissioners.
- Ensure Federal and State regulations are disseminated, understood and followed. Coordinate planning and Human Service delivery with all interested stakeholders, providers, and the general public.
- Provide oversight to the Human Services Program Directors leading to efficiency of program operations and administrative matters as needed or directed by the Board of County Commissioners.
- Coordinate County Human Services with York County not for profit Human Services.
- Provide information on a timely basis to citizens of the County concerning available Human Services, both through news media and public appearances.
- Responsible for the Human Services departmental budget and assists Human Service Division Directors with their budgets, as requested.
- Facilitate cross systems communication and initiatives.
- Maintain regular interaction with Courts for all Human Service programs.
- Undertake special assignments and projects or other job related duties.
Posting Date:Wednesday, October 4, 2023
Expiration Date:Saturday, November 4, 2023
Contact Name:Luana Kwasnjuk
Contact Link:Luana Kwasnjuk