Data Analyst 2
- Position Summary
This position requires analyzing and evaluating programs, data collection and implementation and maintenance of all information systems projects supporting the on-going operations of the agency.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible to maintain the Consolidated Community Reporting Performance Outcome Management System (CCRS/POMS) for Mental Health Services. This includes working with providers, case management staff and fiscal staff to collect data electronically and on paper. Data is imported into the HSS System and verified for accuracy and completeness.
- The CCRS/POMS is required by the Office of Mental Health and Substance Abuse services and all data is submitted quarterly via the Internet.This information must be monitored throughout the year to ensure accuracy of the data.
- Analyze the CCRS/POMS import log to determine the resubmission of rejected data, then correct and resubmit data via the Internet.
- Responsible to maintain the HSS System and work with the consultants to implement changes and design enhancements to support the on-going operations of the agency.
- Responsible to maintain the provider, facility and Service Activity Code files in the HSS System.
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining the Drug Reimbursement Program.This includes the monthly analysis of YA 42 forms submitted by clinicians; determining eligibility of consumers for prescription coverage; submitting requests for prescription card to be mailed to the consumer.
- Receive all incoming phone calls regarding questions or concerns of all prescription related areas, as well as questions or concerns regarding the payment of pharmacy claims.
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining the Medical Assistance and Managed Care Reimbursement Programs. This includes the checking of numerical data to ensure accuracy before submission of payment.Electronic submission of claims via the Internet to Medical Assistance and Community Care Behavioral Health.Analyze the MA and CCBH remittance advices to determine the resubmission of rejected claims, and then resubmit these claims for payment.
- Responsible to enter service authorization requests.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- One year as a Data Analyst 1; or three years of progressively responsible experience in the review, analysis, and control of computer processed data. Appropriate post high school education may be substituted for experience on a year-for-year basis; or any equivalent combination of experience and training.
- Knowledge of the practices and procedures of computer data control.
- Knowledge of methods and techniques of data batching, computer input preparation, and computer output review.
- Ability to read and interpret input forms, keypunch cards, and computer printouts.
- Ability to maintain accurate log and control records.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.