Clerk 2 (Edit Clerk)
- Position Summary
This is moderately complex clerical work involving the processing of documents in a variety of functions. An employee in this class performs a variety of document processing activities including the verification of information, arithmetic calculations, coding, and assisting the public in completing governmental forms. Duties involve the responsibility for a significant aspect of a work process, an involved single office activity which is production or control oriented, or other multiple activities which are comparable in scope and complexity.
This is a quality control position for data accuracy before the values are sent out to the Taxpayers and Taxing Authorities for each billing cycle. Position also requires excellent proof reading skills, and customer service.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain alphabetic, numerical, chronological, and similar files by inserting and/or retrieving documents, preparing new file folders, preparing index cards, cross-indexing, and posting and updating file contents.
- Establish, reorganize, or combine filing systems when new files are to be set up or old files revised due to inadequacies of the old system, shifts in the priority of documents, additional storage requirements, etc.
- Search file contents to retrieve hard-to-locate documents, forms, records, etc. when the document cannot be located using the normal method of file organization and must be examined for probable locations based on secondary indexing procedures.
- Maintain control documents such as records and logs by writing or posting pertinent information about data, individuals, or materials onto the document to reflect the disposition, amounts, results, production, time, organization, status, transaction, or other details.
- Perform arithmetic computations to arrive at numerical results such as penalty and interest charges.
- Proofread typed materials to insure the transfer of information is grammatically and typographically correct, complete, and adheres to agency rules and regulations.
- Compose memoranda in reply to requests or questions on the work process or related information.
- Examine mail to determine the most feasible and economical method of mailing and classifies accordingly.
- Prepare the necessary forms to insure mails will receive special care.
- Register, certify, and insure outgoing mail according to postal regulations.
- Perform related work as required.
- Provides excellent customer service
- Must type efficiently
- Assist with all reports related to the Editing and Billing process
- Typing exonerations and additions
- Assist with mailing of the monthly edit reports for each billing cycle
- Excellent proof reading skills
- Knowledge of Assessment, Tax Claim and Microsoft applications
- Ability to maintain a professional working relationship with York County Tax Collectors and Taxing Authorities
- Quality control on the value maintenance sheets
- Quality control of daily deed transfers to correct in computer
- Must have knowledge of all Assessment Office functions
- Ability to calculate annual and interim bill amounts
- Responds to and resolves inquiries related to tax billing
- Essential Requirements
- This position must have a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Two years' experience in the Assessment office or a combination of experience and training.
- Knowledge of Assessment and Microsoft applications (Word and Excel)