Chief Financial Officer
Job Title:Chief Financial Officer
County Name:Centre County
Position Overview: The Director of Financial Management is responsible for the planning, organizing, coordinating, and directing of the County’s financial activities including budgeting, financial planning, accounting, auditing, and contract management.
Essential Job Functions:
Essential Job Functions:
- Manages the preparation of the County's annual operating and capital budgets. Coordinates budgetary information with Controller, Treasurer, and other elected officials and department heads; amends budget as approved by Commissioners.
- Develops and updates a multi-year operating and capital budget.
- Develops and provides monthly financial and statistical reports including analyses of monthly closings, cash flow analysis, and actual expenditures vs. budget.
- Develops and implements accounting and financial management policy and procedure.
- Serves as a liaison between the Controller and Treasurer to ensure appropriate monitoring of County finances. Maintains a working relationship with the Controller's and Treasurer's offices and all departments with regard to financial management matters.
- Identifies problem areas and makes recommendations to resolve issues assuring a stable fiscal structure within the County.
- Conducts fiscal research and provides assistance to the Commissioners and staff regarding financial decision making and special projects.
- Supervises Tax Claims and Collections departments.
- Evaluates the County's financial position and issues periodic financial and operating reports for all departments, including grant-in-aid agencies.
- Assures compliance with all federal, state, and local accounting principles, procedures and financial record-keeping requirements.
- Manages the County's purchasing and inventory control procedures and proposes recommendations in connection therewith.
- Oversees the implementation and integration of the financial software within the County in cooperation with the County's outside MIS contractor.
- Administers and monitors all vendor contracts to assure compliance and consistency with County goals and financial resources.
- Establishes working relationship with vendors and develops procedures for verification and approval of purchases within the County.
- Analyzes, consolidates, and directs all cost accounting procedures and prepares cost reports.
- Analyzes and conducts studies of economic, business, and financial conditions and their impact on the County's revenue and capital investments.
- Analyzes all contracts and/or projects for their financial impact prior to recommending same to Commissioners.
- Institutes policies and procedures to assure maximum reimbursement from Federal/State funding sources for County programs.
- Oversees property and casualty management including the reconciliation of all assets for capital and other financial
- Participates in monthly department head meetings as appropriate.
- Participates in Union negotiations and arbitrations.
- Performs special projects as assigned by the Board of Commissioners.
Posting Date:Wednesday, August 18, 2021
Expiration Date:Thursday, September 30, 2021
Contact Name:Human Resources
Contact Link:Human Resources
Address:420 Holmes Street